Equfund (“We”) is an umbrella term for a Community Benefit Society called Equfund (IPS) Limited, registered under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014 (registration number: 29088R). This Policy, together with our Terms of Service, sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you or that you provide to us will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. This Policy explains your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We will never use your personal information for any reason other than why you gave it, and we will never give anyone access to it unless we are forced to by law.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide when filling in forms from www.equfund.com (our website) or using our Offer Document. This includes your name, address, email address, telephone number, date of birth.
- Forms of identification that you provide to confirm your identity or your right to act on behalf of an individual (e.g. Power of Attorney, Grant of Probate, Will.)
- Information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our newsletter service, posting material or requesting further services.
- If you contact us in writing or via telephone, we will keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site or through the post or otherwise.
- Financial information about transactions from your account to ours including your bank account details in order to process payments to you.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
Where we store your personal information
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. We restrict access only to people who need it and all computers are password protected. Payment transactions are not permitted through our site and all payments are handled via banks.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk, e.g. if you access the internet via an insecure network. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses for this information
We are only allowed to use your personal information if we have a lawful reason for doing so. We will use your information if we can satisfy that processing it is necessary:
- To provide our product and/or services to you
- In order for use to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
- When it is in our ‘legitimate interests’ (i.e. we have a business or commercial interest to use your information as long as it does not overly prejudice you) and/or
- When you consent to it.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes. You have the right to unsubscribe from these communications.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our service. to send you interest statements or correspondence relating to your investment.
- We will never sell or pass on your data to any third parties. We only keep personal information for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the relevant purposes described in this Policy and in order to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
You have the right to access information held about you or to have your information rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete. You also have the right to request the deletion or removal of your information. There are, however, specific circumstances where we may be unable to deal with a removal request, e.g. if we need to retain your information to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Any requests should be sent in writing to Daniel Mahon, our Director who is responsible for the security of your information. You can contact him by email at email@example.com, or Equfund (IPS) Limited, Hammond House, North Road, West Kirby, Wirral CH48 4DE. We will respond to your request within a reasonable period of time, but at the latest within one month of the request (assuming we have any requisite information from you in order to be able to process your request).
If you have any questions about how we collect, store or use your personal information you can also contact us by telephoning 0151 625 0800.
If you want to make a complaint about how we have handled your personal information, please contact us as above and we will investigate the matter and report back to you. If you are still not satisfied after our response or believe we are not using your personal information in line with the law, you also have the right to complain to the UK’s data protection regulator—the Information Commissioner’s Office—https://ico.org.uk/.
Changes to this policy
Last updated: 20th September 2018.